This combination of herbs is useful for colic, reflux and other digestive complaints including indigestion, nausea, heartburn and gas. It provides immediate relief and is one of our most popular items! A great one to keep handy in your purse!
Ingredients: Organic Anise Seed, Fennel Seed, Dill Weed and/or Seed, Catnip and Chamomile. The regular tincture is extracted in brandy (made from grapes) and the non-alcohol version is extracted in organic vegetable glycerine (made with non-GMO soy) and distilled water. All Herb Lore tinctures are gluten-free. It is the same combination as the tea, just in the tincture (liquid extract) form.
Note: this product may increase breastmilk production in some individuals due to the Fennel content. Use sparingly in early pregnancy.
Babies: Tummy Tea and Tummy Tincture are useful for colic, reflux and other digestive issues including indigestion, nausea, heartburn and gas. Mom can take the tea or tincture and pass it to her baby through the breastmilk. In severe cases of digestive distress in baby, mom can give a small amount of the diluted and cooled tea or diluted drops of the tincture directly to the baby. NOTE: NEVER give hot tea or undiluted alcohol-based tincture directly to the baby! Non-alcohol tinctures may be given directly to babies six months or older, but it is best for the breastfeeding mother to take the herbs which will pass the herbs to her baby via breastmilk. Please see the Children's Dosage Guide under the Articles & Information section for dosage recommendations if you do need to give the herbs directly to the baby or child.
Many clients report that this product also gently helps with their little one's constipation.
For further information on Tummy Tea and Tummy Tincture see this link.
- Why Reflux is commonly mis-diagnosed and what other issues may really be to blame.
- The dangers of antacid medications, such as Prilosec and Prevacid
- How taking these medications can actually GIVE you reflux when you may not have actually had it in the first place
- Natural and more effective solutions for resolving reflux.
- How emotional issues and upset (including disharmony in the environment) can impact stomach problems and how to overcome them.
- What is colic, and what can cause it?
- Feeding suggestions to help alleviate colic in baby
- Dietary suggestions for mom to help ease baby’s tummy distress
- What foods are famous for causing colic in babies
- Foods, supplements, herbs (some of which must be given directly to your baby, and some the mother should take, and why), along with other suggestions to help ease baby’s tummy issues.
- Herb Lore's Tummy Tea saved me! Sam was born with food allergies that kept him up crying all night. The only thing that worked at all was your Tummy Tea. We tried all kinds of other treatments including severely limiting my diet since I was breastfeeding to try to help my baby reduce his stomach upsets. Finally I discovered your herbal Tummy Tea and by my drinking that, I was able to significantly reduce his problem. I now have a baby that is able to sleep at night! K.
- You have wonderful products - thank you! This is my third baby with reflux and he responds well when I take the Tummy Tincture. I really notice a difference when I forget to add the tincture to my Nursing Tea. J.B.
- The Nursing Tea and Tummy Tea are a God-send! M.S.